TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is an HRIS analyst?
An HRIS analyst is an HR data expert. An HRIS analyst works with the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). HRIS is a system used to collect and store data about employees of the organization.
HRIS manages HR data, including employee records, salaries, and vacation. The HRIS Analyst is responsible for maintaining the system, implementing (processing) improvements, ensuring data quality, as well as analyzing and reporting on HRIS data.
What are the typical qualifications for HRIS Analyst jobs?
- Bachelor's Degree in business or computer science.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Experience using Workday HCM or similar systems.
- Exhibit strong leadership, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with all aspects of the onboarding process.
- Template of the HR-analyst job instruction.
Template of the HR-analyst job instruction
To make it even more convenient, we have created a template for job descriptions that you can copy and paste for your own use. Note: Read the requirements and add/remove the requirements that apply to the company.
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen.
- Optimization and implementation of (new) data processes and systems.
- Support HR data tools, reports, and information panels.
- Create and deliver standard (monthly, quarterly, and annual) and personalized HR reports.
- Respond to HR data requests on a temporary basis by collecting, analyzing, and reporting relevant data from various sources.
- Maintain the integrity of HR data to ensure accuracy and consistency of input data. Audit persotroubleshootroubleshooting. Support of data management processes.
- Develop and maintain a data glossary,
- Responsible for entering basic data.
- Collaborate with HR and payroll to update and analyze the system
- Responsible for a timely resolution of large volume of system high-quality staining high-quality level and internal satisfaction of clients
- Bachelor or master of HR, psychology of introduction-output, economy, econometrics, social sciences or business administration
- X+ years of relevant experience with the staff
- X+ years of experience of the relevant HRIS system
- X+ years of experience of relevant data analytics
- You can analyze the available and recently collected data
- Specialist in MS Excel
- Experience of data visualization with R/Tableau/PowerBI
- Experience of statistical modeling and descriptive statistics
- If it is you can automate it, you will do it
- Working knowledge of SQL
Requirements to HRIS - analysts in vacancies are approximately the following. Although there are other narrow-profile tasks that depend on the size and industry of the organization.
Many HRIS analysts have certain skills to perform their duties. By reviewing the resume, we were able to highlight the most common skills for a person in this position. We found that many resumes listed creativity, analytical skills, and communication skills.
HRIS analysts work not only in companies but also in business agencies, government organizations, and educational institutions. Many organizations are looking for human resources analysts with mostly soft skills. This makes the analytical work profile very similar to aHR Partner.
HRIS analyst salary
The HRIS analyst’s salary range differs based on location and seniority.
For example, a junior HRIS analyst in New York (NY) will have a salary ranging between $61,589 and $80,033, according to salary.com, while a senior HRIS analyst will earn between $97,695 and $127,670. Salary for the same functions in Oregon (IL) ranges between $50,142 and $65,158 and between $79,537 and $103,940 respectively.
Between 2018 and 2028, the career is expected to grow 9% and produce 56,000 job opportunities across the U.S.
HRIS Analyst is a profession that is gaining popularity all over the world.
People who want to develop in HR - direction and who like to work with analytical data, should pay attention to this relatively new profession.
We forecast that specialization of HRIS Analytics will become more and more demanded in business. After all, many companies are creating strong strategies for their companies’ development.
Therefore, business owners are already beginning to use solutions that will bring them big results and profits in the future.
As for owners of medium and large businesses, it is also worth thinking about HRIS - an analyst, to start exploring the possibilities of this specialization.
Although the first thing to do in the basic option is to buy an HRIS system.
You can try a free trial period of our HRIS - system.
Do not ignore the technology.
Innovations are the future of your business.